Skip to main content

A procrastinators guide to wasting time effectively

"I never put off till tomorrow what I can possibly do - the day after"
- Oscar Wilde

 
Procrastination is like the evil overlord of my generation. Everybody procrastinates. It has been made so easy for us to do - we all have smart phones with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, and so many other delightfully enticing apps that we simply get lost in. I don't know if I would survive, if one day, all of these apps just ceased to exist. Oh what a cruel fate that would be...
 
I am a self diagnosed social media addict. Facebook is my heroin. I am always checking it, scrolling through my news feed, posting, liking, sharing - I just can't stop. Even as I am typing I have Facebook sitting idle in another tab ready for me to check. My procrastination very much will start and finish with Facebook. At work, at home, at the gym, going out with friends, even sometimes when I am sitting on the toilet (haha). I just can't help it. It's who I am.
 
So here I sit, at my desk, nothing in my in tray, procrastinating - yet again. It is a very good feeling, having been flat chat for the last two months. Finally having a slow day. Gives me time to reflect, review, take some selfies & of course, procrastinate.

So this is me... Your friendly office-girl/real estate loving/trendsetter/travel obsessed/Facebook addict/PROCRASTINATING QUEEN. Tegan.

 
"Never put off til tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow just as well"
- Mark Twain



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Euro Adventures Pt 28 - Our Last Day In London - Let's Visit The Queen!

Our last day in London - where has the time gone?? It seems like only yesterday we were packing our bags, getting on the planes, meeting out Topdeck family... It's all gone so fast!! I'll try not to get all emotional for all my blog readers out there - but it may be inevitable. I really am such a lucky person - I never thought I would be able to see the world once, let alone twice - and with one of my closest friends as well. Very lucky indeed.  Today we are off to visit the queen!! We want to see Buckingham Palace and the changing of the guard. We caught the underground and walked across Green Park to where this massive golden and black gates were - then we saw it. Just like in all the movies we had seen and exactly how I imagined it... Buckingham Palace. The majesty and beauty of this building was like nothing I have seen. Plus the queen lives there! How cool is that?!  We were typical tourists and took lots of photos and then found the prime position to wait out the morning

Euro Adventures Pt 16 - Wild Boar Panini's and a Relaxing Afternoon in Roma

Another day another dollar - oh wait...I don't have to go to work today. Haha. We have another drive day today to get to Rome - our last stop in Italy before getting into Greece and the Greek Islands. It was about 4-5 hours from Florence to Rome and we had an early lunch stop at a little town called Orvieto.  It was a beautiful little town except for one fact - it was on the absolute top of a mountain - making it very had to take over in war and times of unrest. Noddy told us that the last person to conquer Orvieto was Julius Caesar - she also told us that they were famous for their porchetta panini's (wild boar rolls)... We had to try one. Being a town on a giant cliff face we had to catch a strangle little train/carriage thing from the bottom to the top. We then had a very steep walk up to the town centre - Orvieto also had a Duomo that looked like a liquorice all-sort on one side.  We had some free time so some of the group went to do a tour of the underground tunnels of the

Euro Adventures Pt 13 - Gondolas, SpeedBoats & Souvenirs? Oh My!

A day in Venice - that's the dream. We arose nice and early in the morning to bus it into the outskirts of the old city of Venice. Made up of over 150 islands joined by bridges and canals, we had to get the people mover (kind of like a monorail) into the main part of the city. You can't drive cars in or around the more historic part of Venice so we began our journey into St Marc's square on foot. It was a very long walk and our guide, Noddy, does walk very very fast. We stopped at a few key places along the way to take photos, the Da Vinci museum, the Academia gallery, the Academia bridge and finally into St Marc's Square.  It has been 7 long years since I have been to Venice but it was just as I remember... Except there were hardly any people. We were there quite early in the morning so there were very few tourists at this stage and the souvenir stall owners were just starting to set up. After a walk around last the Basilica, the Doges Palace and the Bridge of Sighs we